After a round of rigorous and intensive trials we are now able to announce the team for the Exeter Legal Walk on Monday 6th June 2016.
Those ‘selected’ so far are:
- Richard Foxwell
- Bernard Pugh
- Sue Wood
- Jude Robinson
- Steve Barriball
- Tracey Barriball
- Freya Searle
- Donna Hart
Why are we walking?
For the poorest and the most vulnerable people in our community, access to justice is out of reach.
Free legal advice makes a huge difference to their lives.
The recession has increased poverty and reduced support services. Meanwhile, funding for advice services has reduced; particularly since the 2013 removal of much of legal aid for humanitarian or social welfare legal advice. So charity and philanthropy have increased in importance for supporting those in need. The Exeter Legal Walk raises essential funds to aid that cause.
Who do we help?
- Elderly people who need support to stay living independently
- Families living in terrible housing conditions
- Adults and children who have been trafficked to the UK to become domestic or sex slaves
- Men and women who are working for less than minimum wage
- People who have been unfairly dismissed or who are discriminated against at work
- People who suffer disability or illness and their carers
The South West Legal Support Trust’s grants work helps thousands of people like those listed here, and many others in Exeter and the South West.
We would be delighted to welcome any additional walkers to the team. If you would like to join us please contact [email protected].
For more information see our website www.swlst.org.uk or visit our sponsorship page at: https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/citizensadviceexeter
Your support and sponsorship is vital. Thank you.