Come along and learn how your organisation can get involved in the Sugar Smart campaign on Monday 23rd January at the Coaver Club Conference Hall
Please sign in at County Hall Reception, Topsham Road, Exeter EX2 4QD
10:30 – 11:30 Official launch of Sugar Smart Exeter Followed by Sugar Smart talks, including:
- Sustain – National Sugar Smart partnership with Jamie Oliver’s Team
- Devon Norse – Case Study for improving food within council contracts
- Dr Natalia Lawrence – launch of An App a Day – Training your brain for a healthier diet
11:30 – 12:30 Informal drop-in session, with stands from:
- OneSmallStep – Devon’s new healthy lifestyle service
- Devon Norse – to taste their new healthier food range
- Sugar Smart Exeter – discover how you can get involved
- Children’s Health Fund – find out about introducing a voluntary sugary drinks levy
- What is Sugar Smart UK?
SUGAR SMART is an ambitious campaign with national support from Sustain and Jamie Oliver’s Food Foundation that aims to help towns, cities, counties and boroughs across the UK to raise awareness and reduce consumption of sugar across all age groups. The campaign aims to promote healthy alternatives and remove or reduce unhealthy food and drink, particularly targeting those high in sugar. It builds on the pioneering work of Brighton’s Sugar Smart City.
Experience shows that commitment from organisations and businesses can help motivate real change in different settings at a local level and across the country.