Rural Development Programme for England Growth Programme Briefing – Grants for rural businesses and economic projects
Friday, 24th March, 10.00 – 1.00pm
Cullompton Community Centre
New grant funds have recently been released for rural businesses in Devon and Somerset. Businesses with projects that will create jobs or bring more money into the rural economy could be eligible for grant support.
Investment is available under three headings:
- Rural Business Development Grants – Farm businesses diversifying into non-agricultural activity and new or existing micro and small businesses (including social enterprises) in rural areas can apply for capital grants between £35,000 and c. £170,000 to support business start-up or expansion.
- Food Processing Grants – New or existing food and drink processing businesses (including farm businesses diversifying into food and drink processing) can apply for capital grants from £35,000 to support business start-up or expansion.
- Rural Tourism Infrastructure Grants – Rural businesses, farmers, landowners, charities and public bodies can apply for capital grants from £35,000 for projects that improve the local rural tourism offer by delivering new or enhanced rural tourism assets and infrastructure.
At this one-off event, the Rural Payments Agency will provide key information for any potential applicants, covering:
- The various grants that are available
- What is eligible and non-eligible activity
- How to apply and an overview of the application process
- Opportunity for Q&A with the Rural Payments Agency team
The grants are part of the Rural Development Programme for England Growth Programme and funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development. The grant application process is being managed by the Rural Payments Agency on behalf of DEFRA. This event is delivered by Heart of the South West LEP.
Due to demand spaces are limited to trading businesses interested in applying for grant funding and are limited to one delegate per business. Booking is essential.
More information about the RDPE Grants can be found on our website
Not sure if these grants could be for you? To talk to a Growth Hub adviser about the RDPE Grants please call us on 03456 047 047 or complete our online enquiry form and an adviser will get back to you.
To book your place at the RDPE Grant event click here.