Businesses urged to take advantage of new pot of funding for energy efficiency measures
Some large energy providers recently incurred large fines for failing to provide smart meters to their customers. The Carbon Trust is using some of this money to help businesses fund energy efficiency measures, through accredited installers like SunGift.
Grants of up to £10,000 or up to 30% of project cost available
- for solar PV and LED lighting installed by Carbon Trust accredited installers
- for a limited period on a first come, first served basis
- for SME’s (SunGift can help you identify whether you’re eligible
Solar PV – we are currently designing and installing commercial PV systems with
- attractive returns on investment of 15 – 20% plus £10,000 grant towards the cost of the system (on a typical 100kW system)
- huge savings on energy bills: energy prices are forecast to keep rising. Solar PV allows you to produce your own clean electricity, insulating your business from rising and unpredictable energy costs
LED lighting – typical figures for a small/medium warehouse (around 50 light fittings)
- project cost £16,000 plus VAT, LESS Carbon Trust grant of £4,800 = £11,200 plus VAT capital investment
- 65% more efficient lighting = annual savings £3,500
- LED fittings expected to last up to 18 years
- payback period 3.2 years and projected total energy savings amounting to £63,000
To find out more about the grant, contact SunGift on 01392 213912 or [email protected]
SunGift are a leading UK installer and have won many awards, including UK Installer of the Year at the Solar Power Portal Awards 2016.