This summer, between 5 and 28 August inclusive, fewer South West Trains services will run while work starts to extend platforms at London Waterloo. This will allow longer trains with more seats and more space for passengers.
Timetables during this time are available now. Please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk to plan your journey or Train Service Information to view and download your timetable.
For more information on how TfL services will be running during this time, go to www.tfl.gov.uk/waterloo-works
Download the Updated passenger leaflet – Your guide to travel during the Waterloo & South West Upgrade here.
There will also be works on a number of weekends throughout 2017 which will also reduce the number of trains in service. To check your journey at weekends, please visit Planned Engineering Works.
During August, the impact on your journey will vary depending on when and where you travel but as fewer trains will be running your journey might be changed in the following ways, even if you are not travelling into London:
- The majority of stations will have fewer train services
- Services and stations will be busier than usual, especially in the morning and evening peaks on weekdays
- Some journeys are likely to take longer
- There will be queuing systems outside some stations
- A small number of stations will be closed
- Other operators’ services will also be busier while passengers take alternative routes, including London Underground.
Please plan ahead by selecting all the stations you typically use – such as your home and work location – from the drop down list above to get more detailed information.
There will be changes to your journeys but we are doing everything we can to reduce inconvenience and make your journey as smooth as possible, including:
- Run longer trains throughout the day to provide more space and help you travel outside of the busiest times
- Temporarily open platforms 20-24 (the former Waterloo International Terminal) to reduce some of the impact of closing platforms 1-9
- Continue to provide information in advance to help you plan your journey
- Work round the clock to finish the works as quickly as possible
For further information, please visit the South West Trains Website