The University of Exeter runs a free business continuity networking and training event each year, under the banner PENCON (Peninsula Continuity Forum). This local event provides Higher Education Institutions and other local businesses with an opportunity to share knowledge and build a business continuity community in the South West.
Details of the next PENCON meeting as follows:
Date: Wednesday, 13 December 2017
Time: 10:00 – 15:45 (lunch and refreshments will be provided)
Location: Streatham campus, Reed Hall, Upper Lounge
Guest speakers include:
- John Stanley (UCAS) – sharing his experience of exercises, large and small
- Bruce Luxton (Exeter City Council) – outlining how the Council helped the city to recover after the Cathedral Green fire, including its award winning communications strategy
- Neil Hamlyn (Local Resilience Forum) – explaining the work of the Local Resilience Forum, and how we can take advantage of the information and resources available
- Lisa Forte (South West Regional Cyber Crime Unit) – leading an interactive session to shine light on how cyber criminals can exploit us, and what we can do to help protect ourselves
- Paul Hirst (University of Exeter) – exploring the benefits and limitations of cyber insurance
This promises to be a lively and interactive day. Further details are shown on the attached agenda. To request a place, please click here (places are limited and subject to confirmation). You are welcome to cascade this invitation to colleagues who might be interested.
We regret that the venue is on the first floor and the building does not have a lift. If this prevents you from attending, please let us know so that we can arrange to catch up with you afterwards and share information.
Remember, this is a free event, providing an opportunity to learn, share ideas and network.