Cycling Hub Coordinator – £20,800 per annum and 30 days holiday (both pro rata)
Ride On is a social enterprise aiming to be the ‘go to’ cycling hub in Exeter. Based on the Quayside,
we need an enthusiastic team player to get stuck into coordinating the support services to enable the operation to run smoothly. This varied role is for 20 hours per week, flexible to suit the job holder, but with some Saturdays and evenings. The ideal candidate will be positive, and community minded with excellent organisational and project skills. They will have a ‘hands on’ approach and be proactive role in shaping the future of Ride On.
Purpose of Job: To coordinate all support activities at the Ride On hub, including management of administration systems, financial coordination, staff support, communications and marketing, business development, and income generation to work towards a self-sustaining future. To provide support to customers and colleagues to contribute towards the smooth day-to-day running of the hub in line with the vision and values of Ride On.
- Develop and maintain systems for the smooth administration of the hub including reconciliation of the Sage invoicing and cash systems, payroll coordination and providing monthly reports for management and trustees.
- Recruit, induct and support Ride On volunteers and maintain systems and records of all workers.
- Develop and implement policy and procedure related to equality and diversity, health and safety and safeguarding.
- Host site visits by visiting groups and organisations and manage their administration and safety on-site.
- Coordinate all communications of the hub including the monthly newsletter, management of the contacts list, photo library and social media platforms to maximise publicity.
- Lead on projects which develop funding opportunities and income and develop new partnerships.
- Support the development and planning of new events at RIDE ON, aiming for once a month calendar of events.
- Drive promotion of RIDE ON’s bike maintenance courses and other initiatives.
- Assist customers and follow established processes for receiving donations, selling refurbished bikes and taking and returning bike repairs.
- Manage eBay sales, PayPal, gift aid administration and systems security.
- Project coordination experience
- Track record of office management and team support
- Excellent IT literacy and ability to use a wide range of software packages including Microsoft Excel, and Word, social media, web services such as Drop Box, Eventbrite, Google docs and calendar etc
- Ability to read a basic profit and loss account
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and proactively within a small team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven skills in communicating simply, effectively and diplomatically to a wide range of people in a variety of situations
- Excellent team-work skills and a desire to work constructively with others
- Understanding of needs and challenges of small organisations
- Keen interest in cycling
- Genuine interest in social enterprise and community initiatives
- Real commitment to equal opportunities and access for all
- Experience in writing funding applications and securing restricted and unrestricted funding
- Partnership development and donor management
- Budgeting and financial reporting experience
- Working in a small not for profit organisation/company
- Events organisation and coordination
- Volunteer coordination
- Communications and marketing
- Understanding of financial systems for a small organisation
- Knowledge of SAGE accounting software
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £20,800.00 /year
- office management/supervision: 1 year (Required)
- project coordination: 1 year (Required)
Closing date is Tuesday 28th August 2018