Skills Support for the Workforce is all about progress. We can help you progress your
career, education and business.
“Everything was well organised from the start and we had a mixture of on and off site training, so we could upskill our key staff with minimal disruption to production. Two staff members have been promoted since the training to more senior positions. Attending this bespoke management course gave them confidence to move forward in their careers.”
– Manufacturing business SSW beneficiary
WHAT’S ON OFFER?
• A training needs analysis for your
business, identifying the skills you
need to support your business
• Flexible training – pick full qualifications or mix and match individual units to suit your business
• On-the-job vocational training to meet individual and business needs including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
• Learning pathways for your employees enabling them to progress within your organisation
onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships
• Recognised accredited qualifications and training courses to enhance your employees’ skills
HOW COULD YOU BENEFIT?
• A more efficient business with improved profitability
• A highly skilled workforce delivering quality outputs for your customers and improving business performance
• Improved staff satisfaction and motivation, reducing staff turnover
• A wider appeal to new recruits
• Competitive advantage in your marketplace and improved chance of winning new business
WHO’S IT FOR?
SSW focuses on small and medium sized businesses (less than 250 employees) based within the Heart of the South West LEP area.
Individuals taking up funded training** through SSW must be:
• Legally resident in the UK
• Able to take paid employment in the UK
• Employed or self-employed
• Aged 16 or above
**other eligibility criteria may apply