In December, Great Western Railway will be launching a new timetable, featuring a range of benefits for our customers in the South West. More trains with additional capacity will run between London Paddington and the South West, improving connections as well as providing a faster average journey time.
We will also introduce more capacity on local trains between Taunton, Bristol and Cardiff, helping you to enjoy your journey in a more comfortable environment.
Before we deliver these improvements, Network Rail is upgrading the railway between Tiverton Parkway, Taunton and Castle Cary/Weston-super-Mare. This will help to make the railway more resilient and reliable, reducing the possibility of delays to your journey.
Between Saturday 9 and Thursday 14 November:
- the line between Tiverton Parkway and Castle Cary/Weston-super-Mare will be closed to trains
- trains will continue to run between London Paddington and the South West, using an alternative route
- buses will replace trains on all other affected routes
Our travel advice
- plan ahead – bus times will be different to normal train times. Check carefully before you travel
- allow plenty of time – journeys involving a replacement bus may take longer than normal
- travelling to or from Cornwall – most journeys will require a change of trains at Plymouth