Good Deal for Devon aims to raise thousands for good causes
A new magazine that is sold through good causes across Devon will be published for the first time on Monday.
Good Deal for Devon, from the people behind Radio Exe, has set itself an ambitious target of raising £100,000 for the county’s good causes in 2020. The 116-page, full-colour magazine, is now on sale for the first time and is available at all 19 shops run by Devon Air Ambulance, its primary charity partner, as well as through the many charities, good causes, schools, scout and guide groups, amateur dramatic societies and local sports clubs that are participating.
As well as being packed with news and features, many of the advertisers in Good Deal for Devon are making offers to readers worth at least £10. This means purchasers of the magazine get back more than the cost of the publication when they use just one of the offers it contains.
In addition to Devon Air Ambulance, good causes in Exeter and surrounding area who are selling Good Deal for Devon included:
- Bradninch Cricket Club – modernizing its clubhouse
- CEDA – supporting adults and children with disabilities
- Devon Freewheelers – the blood bikes charity
- Estuary League of Friends – establishing an outreach programme
- Exeter Pride – the annual LGBTQ event
- Girl Guiding Exeter – rebuilding its Buddle Lane HQ
- Headway Devon – the charity that works with people with head injuries
- Magic Carpet – helping vulnerable people through creative arts
- Pinhoe Ability Counts FC – needs more equipment suitable for players with disabilities
- St. Sidwell’s Centre – building a new skills workshop in the grounds
- 3rds Exeter (RAF) Scouts – needs new camping equipment
- 21st Exeter Scouts – needs a new container storage unit
Publisher Paul Nero, who is also an Exeter Chamber of Commerce director, says: “We’ve tried to create a virtuous circle in which everyone benefits. Good causes selling the magazine raise money for their project. Readers receive discounts or added value through the advertisers – as well as enjoying the publication. And businesses see increased footfall when customers redeem their offer.”
Good causes that wish to join the scheme can apply through the website www.gooddealfor.co.uk