Taking place on Thursday 22 October at 11am this show is a sneak peek preview into Exeter Works – a project focusing on keeping our employee economy moving and minimising (as much as possible) unemployment in the Greater Exeter area.
We will speak to the people behind this project, find out how it will support the community across Greater Exeter and provide a service to the business community.
Plus, we’ve got contributions from loads of brilliant businesses across these key employment themes: opportunities for young people, sharing advice and experience of business growth and recruitment and supporting start-up businesses.
In this show, we have:
Jo Caine, chair of Exeter Skills Advisory Group and director of Exeter Chamber setting the scene, explaining the background to Exeter Works and sharing with you the first edition of the Exeter Works website.
Opportunities for young people and business:
- Victoria Hatfield from Exeter City Council, explaining the kickstart employment scheme, which fully funds work placements, and how businesses can take part
- Ella Hymans on her experience of bagging an apprenticeship at Exeter College
- Jo McCreedie from University of Exeter on how businesses can benefit from free internships
Business Growth and Recruitment – find out how these organisations have grown and what their experience of recruiting has been
- Jaye Cowle, from Launch Online
- Magda Nawiesniak, Jurassic Fibre
- Simon Irwin, Thomas Westcott
- Natalie Vizard, Stephens Scown – on her experience on securing a job during a pandemic and advice for others job seeking
- Emily Macaulay, Libraries Unlimited – on opportunities to join the team and the Business and Intellectual Property team
Start-up success – some inspirational stories from brave people
- Rebekah Horton on starting her own consultancy RH Creations
- Heidi Howarth on opening her vegan deli How on Earth
And finally, Matthew Cousins from Building Greater Exeter tells us why they are backing Exeter Works.
The programme will be hosted by the brilliant Matt Young and is produced by Bitpod and One Voice Media on behalf of Exeter Chamber.
Everyone is welcome to attend and we hope you will join us on Thursday 22 October at 11am.