We’re now at one week to go until the first deadline – employers must submit any November claims no later than 14 December.
CJRS claims must now be submitted within 14 calendar days after the month they relate to, unless this falls on a weekend in which case the deadline is the next weekday, and employers will need to remember to get their claims in on time.
- Check if they’re eligible, and work out how much they can claim using our CJRS calculator and examples, by searching 'Job Retention Scheme' on GOV.UK.
- Submit any claims for November, no later than 14 December.
- Keep any records that support the amount of CJRS grant they claim, in case HMRC needs to check them.
It’s also worth noting employers and employees do not need to have used the scheme already to make a claim now. Those applying for the first time will need:
- a Government Gateway (GG) ID and password – if you don’t already have a GG account, you can apply for one on GOV.UK by searching for 'HMRC services: sign in or register'
- to be enrolled for PAYE online
- the following information for each furloughed employee you’ll be claiming for:
- National Insurance number
- claim period and amount
- PAYE/employee number.