Could you make a positive contribution to young people and enhance social mobility?
The Ted Wragg Trust is an ambitious Trust of schools strengthening our communities through exceptional education and we are looking for new governors to help transform lives through learning.
Being a school Governor is a rewarding way of making a voluntary contribution to the lives of young people. It is a really exciting time to become a school Governor within the Ted Wragg Trust as we are working with a number of Schools and Trusts across Devon.
Our governors include both parents and members of the community. Our governors may come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the School and are the link between the School and the community it serves.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
- An interest in making a real difference to young people
- A passion about education and it’s place in society
- Has a desire to contribute to and represent the community
- Has an open and enquiring mind
- Has the ability to look at issues objectively
- A willingness to listen and make informed judgments
- The ability to work well with others
- A willingness to challenge people over the quality of education
Why become a school governor?
Being a governor can be enjoyable, stimulating and rewarding. The benefits include:
- Developing your professional skills and experience such as strategic planning, chairing, financial planning, and team working, all of which are valued by employers and can assist your own career development
- Working with likeminded people, building relationships and networks in your locality
- A sense of achievement supporting children and young people in our communities
Who might you be?
Anyone over the age of 18 can be a school governor and with the ability to join meetings virtually you can be based anywhere. You may also have:
- Recently left education and are looking to transition to the work place
- Been out of employment for some time and are looking to enhance your CV
- An interested in the link between education and local employment as a local business person
- Recently retired and have a bit of spare time in which you are looking to give back to the community
For more information on the role of a school Governor and the Ted Wragg Trust please visit https://www.tedwraggtrust.co.uk/governor-recruitment/
If you would like to have an informal discussion please contact Melody Floyde, Clerk to the Trust at [email protected] or call 07920 501658.