Membership of Exeter Chamber of Commerce is for a business rather than an individual, giving access to events and services for all staff. Please note the terms for specific events may restrict the eligibility to attend (e.g. Director’s Breakfast Meetings, Strategy Breakfast Sessions etc.)
Membership must be purchased for each brand within a group. Subsidiary companies will not be classed as members and will not be eligible to attend events or to receive member benefits unless members in their own right.
New memberships. Membership starts from the date the invoice is raised with a 5 working day ‘cooling off’ period. Should you wish to cancel your membership within 5 working days, you can do so with no charge by emailing [email protected]. 5 working days from the date of invoice you will be deemed to have benefited from membership and your membership fee is payable as per invoicing terms and conditions.
Membership renewals. You will be notified of your membership renewal a minimum of 20 days before the renewal date. Should you not wish to renew your membership, you can do so before the renewal date with no charge by emailing [email protected]. 5 days after the renewal date, you will be deemed to have benefited from membership and your membership fee is payable as per invoicing terms and conditions.
Payment for membership is in advance. You will be classed as an Exeter Chamber Member once your first payment has been received, from which date you will be able to access all benefits and services that apply. Until payment is received your account will be classed as ‘Pending’ and will not yet be eligible for membership benefits and services.
If at any time during your annual membership a payment is missed, then you will be still be liable to pay the full amount of the remaining membership fee to Exeter Chamber of Commerce.
Membership automatically ceases on the liquidation, administration or bankruptcy of a member.
Exeter Chamber reserves the right to refuse membership of any business.
Applying online, by accepting these Terms & Conditions you agree to the following:
- You are verifying that you are you who you say you are
- That the address provided is correct and can be verified
- The account number and sort code provided relate to your company
We may change the amount of your monthly subscriptions from time to time. If we do, we will write to you at the address you have given us at least 30 days before any change takes place.
You may choose to pay your membership fees in monthly or annual payments. If you choose to pay annually, the whole year’s subscription is payable, and no refund will be given if you give notice of cancellation during the year.
3. Cancelling Your Membership
If you wish to cancel your membership you must:
- Give two months’ notice prior to your renewal date by emailing [email protected]. Any other form of communication will not be accepted. Cancellations will only be accepted once the above notification has been received.
- Contact your Bank/Building Society and cancel your direct debit to prevent further collections. Exeter Chamber of Commerce cannot be held liable for any payments processed due to the failure of a member to cancel a direct debit either with Exeter Chamber or Bank/Building Society.
If you cancel your membership we will not refund any membership fee paid in advance which relates to a period after cancellation.
4. Upon cancellation of your Membership
Please remove any reference to Exeter Chamber membership from your premises, literature, website etc. with immediate effect.
Delegates are required to advise Exeter Chamber staff of any dietary requirements in advance to enable them to be catered for appropriately.
After completing registration and booking on to the event(s) of your choice, you will receive an automated confirmation of booking within 24 hours.
Terms for specific events may restrict the eligibility to attend (e.g. Director’s Breakfast Meetings, Strategy Breakfast Sessions etc.) Exeter Chamber of Commerce reserve the right to cancel bookings and issue refunds if eligibility criteria are not met.
When completing and registering to attend an event, Exeter Chamber will record your email address to inform you of future events of a similar nature.
By completing, registering and attending an event you are agreeing that any photographs; video; sound recordings taken of you may be used by the Exeter Chamber of Commerce and possibly the clients of Exeter Chamber of Commerce for any promotional purposes. Webinars will be recorded to share with delegates and for promotional purposes.
All events must be paid in full prior to attending. If the full amount is not paid then you could be refused entry. If there is a significant reason as to why payment cannot be made prior to an event you must contact the Chamber team immediately.
Exeter Chamber reserves the right to cancel any event without notice and without reason, in such cases any monies paid will be refunded in full.
If you are unable to attend an event, then please inform Exeter Chamber of Commerce as soon as possible.
We are happy to issue refunds for events before final numbers have been confirmed with the venue (normally 5 working days before the event) but in certain circumstances this may be longer due to venue requirements. If this is the case, cancellation terms will be detailed on the event booking page and will take precedence. Following this time (either within 4 working days of the event or as per the individual event terms) payment is non-refundable. Any outstanding payments will still be due.
If you have informed Exeter Chamber that you are unable to attend the event within the required timescale, a full refund will be given using the same payment method that was used to make the original booking.
Cancellations should be by email to [email protected] or by calling 01392 431133
Our Rights to Cancel or Reschedule
- We may cancel any event/meeting/webinar/seminar due to events or circumstances outside our reasonable control.
- Although it is rare for us to do so, we may also reschedule any event at any time. We may also change the location or content of any event and/or substitute speakers for an event.
- If we do cancel, reschedule or make any changes as described in clauses 1 and 2 above, we will notify you by email and will endeavour to do so as soon as possible after making those changes.
- We will refund you the price of an event you have ordered or, if applicable, the affected part of it (for example, the cancelled day, or the place for the person no longer able to attend) if:
- we cancel all or part of the event or course in accordance with clause 1 or, because a change to content of the event or course under clause 2 means that we are no longer able to fulfil our event as planned.
- We will not reimburse you for any travel or accommodation costs relating to a cancelled, changed or rescheduled event.